Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative, and detail-oriented individual for our Application Engineering Intern position at Centurion, South Africa. If you are someone with an interest in learning about electrical power industry, gaining practical knowledge of power systems products and perform testing activities then, we invite you to apply now! Applicants who may be able to work part-time during the school year preferred!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support for communication/automation/protection test beds.
2. Perform testing on existing and new technology.
3. Document test bed activities and results.
4. Support Sales and Customer Service and product development activities related to communication/automation/protection.
5. Support applications engineers to develop best practice application guides for SEL technology that provide secure and compliant solutions.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) is a growing multi-national company with more than 5,000 employees globally and has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply for job