Allan Gray is Africa's largest privately owned investment management company. Our focus is generating long-term wealth for our investors, and we have been investing on behalf of clients since 1974. We have multiple channels for servicing clients and executing their transactions. The Allan Gray Retail Client Services and Operations teams are the primary touch point for clients interacting with the company and is thus at the forefront of the way in which a client experiences Allan Gray. Our team of consultants focus on engaging and establishing long-lasting relationships with our clients by delivering an excellent experience, focused on building trust and confidence.
Our steadfast commitment to long-term investing extends to our people as our people are our assets. We don't have a tangible product to sell. We understand that even the most intelligent investment philosophy means nothing without quality minds to execute it, clients to benefit from it, and highly professional and smart people to service those clients. This is why we’re searching for focused, resilient final-year students who are dedicated to achieving their long-term goals through the Allan Gray Graduate Intake.
Each year, we aim to recruit and invest in academic achievers who are motivated and enthusiastic about joining our firm. We recruit recent graduates mostly into permanent positions from day one. There is a compulsory four-week orientation. After orientation, the graduates are taken through the Allan Gray academy, which is an ‘incubated’ functional training environment. This lasts for a period of three to six months, depending on the role. The result: graduates in real roles, taking their first steps towards achieving their long-term ambitions.
- To service Allan Gray investors, potential investors and financial advisers via our various servicing.
- To ensure accurate record keeping through service related administrative tasks.
- To assist with database updates and information maintenance.
- To support a positive and responsive climate for client enquiry resolution.
- To play a key role in the stewardship of positive client relationships and the retention of clients.
- To build and establish relationships at all levels with internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To actively participate in the firm’s continuous improvement by identifying and proposing solutions to process and service-related failures.
Qualifications and Eligibility
We value academic excellence and a long-term perspective. We are looking for focused and resilient final year students who share our values: performance driven, individually accountable and independent minded who are completing a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree – specialization includes, but is not limited to Commerce, Business Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Quants etc.
- A minimum GPA of 70% or higher throughout your university tenure.
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa.
Skills and Experience
The skills that the successful incumbent is expected to demonstrate will include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Client focused, friendly and empathetic manner
- High adaptability, vigour, resilience, agility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Ability to prioritise and function positively under pressure
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks done
- Computer literate
- Knowledge and interest in finance and investment management (Advantageous)
- Multilingual (Advantageous)
30 July 2022
Apply for job