Key Job Responsibilities:
To guarantee the quality of products contracted to the plant according to Group standards and specifications, managing a multi-disciplinary team of scientific professionals and technicians Quality
To ensure Quality procedures are compiled, distributed and followed throughout the plant
- To ensure local Quality procedures are aligned with Group requirements
- To ensure that company policies are aligned to current legislation in the Quality / production areas
- To ensure that all Quality policies and procedures are communicated to and made available to staff
- To ensure that all HR policies are adhered to in the department
- To ensure SHE policies and procedures are adhered to in the department
- Determine and plan resources required for activities in the department
- Ensure the Quality System is understood and implemented within the plant, at suppliers and subcontractors
- Run and co-ordinate quality action plans
- Run and co-ordinate the ISO9001 quality system (appointment as the Quality Management Representative)
- Be the expert in all quality related matters, and consult with experts in the field as requiredStaff Management
- Manage all staff in the department for day to day running of the functions, their performance and development to ensure the department runs smoothly and activities are carried out as per requirements
- Recruit, develop and ,manage team, ensuring transfer of knowledge and change managementManagement Committee
- Advise Mancom of all Quality, Regulatory and related issues within scope of Plant Quality Manager
- Ensure decisions made by Mancom comply with the requirements of the Quality System
- Participate in and support decisions of the Plant Mancom
- Support changes within the plant –technical, products, systems etc
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Day to day troubleshooting of problematic products or systems within the plant, including the following -raw materials, people, packaging components, processing, filling, analysis, storage and transfer and any processes within the logical flow of product. Problems needs to be identified and corrected by means of effective corrective and preventative actions
- Systematic identification of deficiencies in the quality systems by means of audits and challenges to the systems so that improvements can be madePlanning
- Strategic planning for 3 years as per 3 year plan, looking at the strategic goals of the department, aligned to the plant objectives. Planning the long term strategy for the department based on the knowledge at hand in the following areas –new or changed products, technology, analytical methods, regulations, quality systems. This will cover resource planning for costs, headcount, capex. This will also provide the basis for objectives for the department and feed into Quality action plans.
- Annual planning as above for budget purposes for 1 year ahead
- Monthly and day to day planning to ensure the department runs smoothly and meets the deadlines for release of items for use in the plant and also for release onto the marketDecision making
- Decision on the acceptability of products for use in the plant and release onto market based on the results obtained and evaluation of the risks
- Decision on whether to request waivers on non-conforming product as necessary
- Decision on overall internal quality procedures within the plant
- Decision on capex when finances are approvedPersonal competencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Good interpersonal skills; Assertive; Ability to make decisions; Troubleshooting; Must be able to effectively implement creative solutions; Practical; Intelligent with good understanding of Quality concepts, techniques and procedures; Must be passionate about Quality and sharing this passion; Must be a good team leader, coach and player;; Goal driven and focus on results; Attention to detail; Organised and methodical; Abilitytocommunicate complex ideas so that they are easily understood; Enjoys challenge; Self motivated; Able to withstand pressure
Education and Training required
- Minimum BSc in one of the life sciences or Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Quality systems and the cosmetic or similar industry
- ISO 9001 training or experience
- Computer literate
- Minimum 10 years working experience with at least 4 years in Management in a Quality related function.
- Experience in Quality management, implementation of ISO9001 and Quality systems
Apply for job
- You can apply to up to three jobs within a rolling 30-day window.
- You cannot withdraw your application once you applied, so please make sure to choose a job that matches your dreams.
- Please visit "Your Application Space" to see the jobs you have already applied to.
- Please don’t create another account with a different email. If you do so, your account might be merged and your application record will be deleted.